Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hair: Up for ceremony and down for reception?

I am the kind of girl who doesn't wear make-up or heels and had never done the whole "hairdresser" thing until I was recently in a wedding as a bridesmaid. I was resistant the whole time, but in the end, I really liked what she did with my hair and I'd like to have my hair in a similar style for my own wedding...



The only thing I *didn't* like was the massive amounts of hairspray that were used in order to keep every strand of hair in perfect place so that nothing would move, even if I shook my head all around.



For my own wedding, I want to have my hair up for the ceremony, but down for the reception. I don't want any hairspray. I want my future husband to be able to touch my hair while we're dancing. What kind of up-do's are possible without hairspray? Should I just get the hair done right before the ceremony? It only has to last through the ceremony, then I'm taking it down anyway. I have medium length hair that goes a little past my shoulders. It is STRAIGHT hair. Medium thick.



Hair: Up for ceremony and down for reception?

I'm sure this is possible, but you'll wan to do some experientation before the big day. I typically wear my hair up on a day-to-day basis, but when I take it down, it's got all the "wrinkles" in it from being up. The same thing happens even if you use a ponytail holder - if you release the holder, you will have a line across your hair where the ring was.



My own suggestion is to choose one way to wear your hair and stick with it for the day. I like the idea of wearing it down, without product, because not only will you look like "you" in the pictures, your husband will be able to touch your hair at the reception and later that night and it will be down, long and beautiful, with no mars on it.



Hair: Up for ceremony and down for reception?

You can do any hairdo with out spray just tell the person doing your hair what you want to look like and no spray what's so ever and you can tell her why but make it very clear that it only needs to last until the end of the wedding. If she is a really good hair dresser she will know exactly what what to do and will not need any spray.



Hair: Up for ceremony and down for reception?

I did the same thing. Up for the ceremony, down for the reception. Just keep it simple and you won't have to use any hairspray at all. Curl it and have someone help you pin it up in lovely curls. I wore a reverse veil so my hair wasn't the main focus of attention anyway. My hair wasn't as curly as in this picture but you get the general idea. Something like this:



http://www.curly-hair-styles-magazine.co...



Hair: Up for ceremony and down for reception?

Why don't you you just get a nice down do for both, that way at the reception you won't have to waste any time doing your hair. I found this style and I think it would look great on you. I kind of remains me of Gwyneth Paltrow's hair in "Shakespeare in Love".



http://weddings.theknot.com/odb/themes/r...



Hair: Up for ceremony and down for reception?

If you wan tit up for only the ceremony you won't need that much hairspray just tell your hairdresser that you don't like it and that you are planning taking your hair down for the reception and you want it to me able to move. You won't be doing any jumping around so your hair should stay in place just be careful and use lots of bobby pins. I suggest bringing a straightener though because with your hair being up you might get some kinks in it so just quickly have your MOH or one of your bride maids run the straightener through it.



Hair: Up for ceremony and down for reception?

If you are not planning on leaving it up long (how long is your ceremony?), there is really no need to put in that much hairspray. You could try going to get your hair done a couple of times in the time leading up to your wedding so you know what is easiest and what suits you/your hair best.



Have you thought about having your hair half up/half down? That way you don't have to worry about changing it after the ceremony. (Unless there is a gap between the ceremony and the reception you might feel rushed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
poor credit